CAL Sports Academy is currently seeking a Sports Performance Coach in our facility. The primary role of this position is to offer strength and conditioning as well as speed and agility training for our customers. This position is part-time, varied hours/days including nights and weekends. The perfect candidate should act as a positive role model and positive voice of CAL Sports Academy, as well as be their professional representative. Coach reports directly to the Operations Manager with ongoing coaching development provided by the Executive Team of CAL Sports Academy.
- Designs and instructs single customer, small or large group class sessions for targeted populations with appropriate content.
- Provides strength, speed, agility and conditioning programs to youth athletes of all levels. Programs include sports performance, team training; personal, semi-private, and small group functional training.
- Implement new training methods, programs, and protocols.
- Develop and execute camps, clinics and off-site training at our satellite gyms.
- Able to work independently with performance enhancement customers.
- Maintains daily progress notes in conjunction with the goals and objectives established. Confers with staff, whenever appropriate, regarding customer progress.
- Execute performance assessments and evaluations.
- Displays cooperative behavior. Interacts positively and effectively with others to promote a team environment.
- Is proactive identifying, reporting and participating in the resolution of any potential or actual patient safety issues.
- Assist in the development of sport and individual-specific performance programs.
- Communicate effectively with clients (to include athletes, coaches, parents, and team officials), ensure timely follow up.
- Keeps current in strength and conditioning through continuing education.
- Continues to be familiar with current professional standards, philosophy, ethics, and practices by reading appropriate literature, attending in-services, professional meetings, attending conferences, and staying abreast of local and national concerns.
- Performs other duties necessary to maintain the overall efficiency and continuity of the program.
- A background in physical education, current or past coaching and teaching experience is preferred
- Coaches must be certified or complete CPR/First Aid training
- Coaches must complete and maintain the three (3) clearances required to coach children. Current PA Child Abuse, Criminal Background, and FBI clearances are required. These must be updated yearly.
- Coaches must be energetic, patient, good with children, and knowledgeable about multiple sports
- Coaches must have the ability to work with and relate to people of all ages
- Coaches must be good communicators, strong motivators and role models
- Coaches must have specific experience in the sports whether coaching or playing competitively
- Coaches must be proficient in relevant sports skills
Job Type: Part-time
- Coaching: 3 years (Preferred)
- Harleysville, PA (Required)
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer (Preferred)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- ACSM Certified Personal Trainer (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Required)
- Evening (Required)
Apply online for any of our positions. When contacting our office about employment, please attach a resume with your email.
Contact us by phone at 844-225-3343 or email at email@example.com with any questions you may have.