We are looking for experienced, enthusiastic individuals to join our seasonal AAU Basketball coaching staff and market our travel programs to the community. This is an opportunity to make a huge impact with youth in our community, expand your coaching experience, and be part of a growing organization. For this position, you must be willing to commit to coaching a minimum of 3 hours of practice per week over two days and be available for tournaments on weekends. The season runs from February through beginning of June. Additional hours may be available based on experience.
- Provide AAU Basketball instruction to improve player development and overall player and team experience.
- Provide a positive and encouraging environment for players to maximize their potential.
- Positively interact with parents, coaches, and other CAL Sports Academy team members.
- Build teams through team development and team communication activities and drills.
- Assess player skill, provide assessments at the beginning and end of the program, and provide recommendations to parents on additional programs and areas to improve.
- Market CAL Sports Academy programs throughout the community.
- Coaches must possess knowledge of the rules, strategies and techniques of AAU Basketball. Prior coaching experience is preferred.
- Coaches must be certified or complete CPR/First Aid training.
- Coaches must complete the three (3) clearances required to coach children.
- Coaches must be responsible and organized and have appropriate time management skills.
- Coaches must be good communicators, strong motivators and role models.
- Coaches must have specific experience in the sports whether coaching or playing competitively.
- Coaches must be proficient in basketball.
Apply online for any of our positions. When contacting our office about employment, please attach a resume with your email.
Contact us by phone at 844-225-3343 or email at email@example.com with any questions you may have.